Overweight during pregnancy is not recommended and can even become dangerous. Since it can be the cause of different complications associated with excess weight, such as gestational diabetes or preeclampsia. Also, overweight can be the cause of a cesarean section because the baby can arrive with a lot of weight. So, if you are still in the process of searching and you are above a healthy weight, it is best to undergo a slimming diet controlled by a specialist.
However, following medical recommendations and healthy eating and sports habits, an overweight woman may have a normal pregnancy. Of course, it is essential that you follow to rajatabla the medical advice, the diet they will offer you and do all the physical exercise that is within your possibilities, such as walking.
Healthy eating should be your main goal, so you can reduce possible complications in your pregnancy. Below are some ideas for organizing a healthy and perfect menu for pregnant women who are overweight. This way, you can plan your meals and it will be much easier to follow the feeding plan during your pregnancy.
How to Feed If You Are Pregnant and Overweight
- First and foremost of all, do not do any kind of diet on your own, or make restrictions without consulting your doctor. Otherwise your baby may have deficiencies that would affect its development.
- Remove all processed products, pastries and saturated fats, you do not need them.
- Cook in a healthy way. The best methods for healthy cooking are the oven, iron or steam. This will reduce fats and food will better preserve all its nutrients.
- Exercise every day. Exercise is essential in all pregnancies, but especially it is if you have excess weight.
- Make several meals a day. This way your body will receive nutrients constantly, but of course, portions should be reduced.
Menu for overweight pregnant women
- Decaf Coffee with Skim Milk+Whole Toast with Olive Oil and Crushed Tomato
- Fruit & Vegetable Juice + Half Bowl Oat Flakes
- Banana Pancakes + Natural Orange Juice Natural
- Pineapple Smoothie + soy + half cup oatmeal + a pinch of ground ginger
- Decaffeinated coffee with skim milk + a toast integrates l with turkey cold
A media mañana:
- A skim yogurt + 3 nuts or 5 almonds
- One piece of fruit
- A glass of milk
- A fresh orange juice+ 2 whole grain biscuits
- One apple
- Vegetable ratatatatouille + grilled chicken breast + 1 piece of fruit
- Green salad +grilled salmon + 1 skim yogurt
- Chickpeas with vegetables and chicken + tomato and mozarella salad + 1 piece of fruit
- Lentils with vegetables + oneegg iron + skim yogurt
- Pasta salad with natural tuna, boiled egg, tomato and avocado + skim yogurt
- A Skim Yogurt + Natural Fruit
- Chiscotes 2 Whole Biscotes + Turkey and Fresh Cheese
- One Apple + 2 Whole Crackers
- A Glass of Milk+ Half Bowl of Whole Grains Without Sugar
- A Skim Yogurt + 2 oz dark chocolate
- Vegetable soup with noodles + French omelette + infusion
- Pumpkin cream + 1 scrambled egg with mushrooms + infusion
- Homemade chicken burger + seasoned tomato + infusion
Whole sandwich with turkey cold, cheese light, lettuce, tomato slices and homemade yogurt sauce + an infusion.
- Tomato dressing with mackerel +2 rolls of cooked ham and light cheese + an infusion
Taking an infusion after dinner, will help you improve digestion and with it you can rest much better. The most recommended infusion during pregnancy is chamomile, however, there are other types of infusions that you can take without problem. In this article you will find information about the infusions that are allowed during pregnancy and how to prepare them.