Relative humidity is the amount of water vapor contained in the air and is a factor that can influence our health. For example, in winter, humidity can exceed recommended values, causing mold problems that can aggravate allergic and asthma conditions.
On the other hand, the heat generated by heating in winter or the heat of the summer can also dissipate the humidity from the air, which will make our skin tight and dry and cause irritation to our airways, eyes and mucous membranes. In addition, it will increase the risk of catching colds and other infections.
These same harmful, but aggravated, effects are experienced by babies as well. That’s why it’s a good idea to use a baby humidifier when the humidity level is below the recommended level.
If you’re thinking about having one in the house, read on! Here’s all you need to know to make a wise choice.
- 1 Discount Baby Humidifiers now on Amazon
- 2 These are the best 3 Humidifiers for babies
- 3 What is a Baby Humidifier?
- 4 Advantages of using a Baby Humidifier
- 5 Where to buy a Baby Humidifier?
- 6 Types of Humidifiers
- 7 How to choose the right humidifier for you?
- 8 What is the best baby humidifier?
- 9 Which one would I buy?
Discount Baby Humidifiers now on Amazon
Take advantage of these limited time offers
These are the best 3 Humidifiers for babies
I will not show you thousands of products, only the 3 best Humidifiers for babies currently
Frida Baby Fridababy 3-in-1 Humidifier
Crane Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
Hygro Plus Cool Mist 3-in-1 Humidifier
What is a Baby Humidifier?
The humidifier is a device that helps regulate the relative humidity of the air. It is used in indoor spaces and rooms to improve the quality of the air you breathe.
It basically contains a container with water that, through different mechanisms (depending on the type of humidifier), evaporates increasing the relative humidity, thus improving the quality of the air the baby breathes.
Advantages of using a Baby Humidifier
Although we have already advanced some advantages, we will now review all of them:
- The baby will breathe less aggressive air for their airways and better quality
- Humidity, at appropriate levels, reduces the proliferation of infectious agents
- Relative humidity levels of 40% to 60% reduce respiratory discomfort and relieve nasal congestion
- Reduces static electricity levels
- The noise that some humidifiers make can function as white noise that lulls the baby to sleep
Where to buy a Baby Humidifier?
Baby humidifiers are quite common, so you won’t have any problem finding them in any store that sells mom and baby items. But don’t expect to find a lot of variety in models either, because of space issues more than anything else.
If you’re looking for variety and good prices, check out the online stores. You’re sure to find what you’re looking for. However, keep in mind that price and variety are just as important as return policy and customer service. That’s why I usually buy at Amazon. I find variety, good prices (usually the best) and a top quality after-sales and customer service.
With Amazon, if when you receive your humidifier, it doesn’t convince you or doesn’t meet your expectations, you just return it. No explanations, quick and easy and at no extra cost.
Types of Humidifiers
Within the humidifiers, we find several types.
This type of humidifier usually evaporates the water using ultrasound. One of its greatest advantages is that there is no danger of burns because it works in cold.
They produce a fine mist of cold droplets and, in addition to being very quiet, consume little electricity.
This humidifier, unlike the previous one, heats the water to a boil and then evaporates it.
It consumes more electricity than cold steam and can raise the temperature of the room by one to three degrees. You should place it out of the baby’s reach to prevent accidents or burns.
Some models even ionize the air with a negative charge to improve its quality and make it purer.
Cold air vaporizer
This model absorbs and filters the air and then expels it in the form of micro droplets. It does not generate heat and consumes little electricity.
How to choose the right humidifier for you?
Without a doubt, the use of a humidifier contributes to improving the environment, but it is important that you take into account the following aspects when deciding on a humidifier
- The climate of the place where you live can be the difference between buying a cool-mist or warm-mist humidifier
- The characteristics of the baby’s room as some are more humid than others
- The space you have to place it and store it when you are not using it, will determine the size
- The humidifier must be adapted to your baby’s needs and characteristics: if his skin is sensitive, if he suffers from asthma or allergies, if he needs a more or less noisy environment to sleep.
- Ideally, it should be light and easy to clean
- Verifies the electrical power consumption of the device
- The size of the tank where the water is placed, since in some models it is small and you must fill it frequently
- If you don’t mind paying a little more, you could even choose a programmable model to turn itself off after a few hours.
- Another interesting extra option is that the humidifier turns off only when the room reaches the desired humidity.
What is the best baby humidifier?
There is no better humidifier for babies, only one that is convenient for you and your child. Choosing one or the other will depend, above all, on your needs and your budget.
However, to make your life easier, I have prepared a comparison chart (I update it frequently) with my selection of what I consider to be the best baby humidifiers. It is based on my own experience as well as that of other parents.
Which one would I buy?
All of them fulfill their main function correctly: to humidify the environment, but if I had to choose one, it would be
Crane’s Iconic Drop Shape Cool Mist Humidifier is the best solution for natural relief for symptoms caused by dry air, allergies, or cold and flu – especially for busy families.